6th Annual Blazer Race
The 6th Annual Blazer Race was a success! In spite of the dreary weather, there was fun had by all! A special thanks to our Blazer Race Sponsors for helping make this event possible:
- Jeff Zarder of First Weber Realtors
- Dr. John Juern
- Anderson Ashton
- Chuck Wierschem of Northwestern Mutual
- Ryan Barbieri of M3 Insurance
- Ninski Bros.
- Sky High Marketing
The Blazer Race is a fun, community event to raise dollars for the Germantown Fire Department and the Education Fund at Bethlehem Lutheran School and features a 5k run, 2-mile walk, and Kids’ Race.
Germantown Fire Department funds:
- Survive Alive House
- Equipment for the firefighters
- Educational materials
Bethlehem Lutheran School’s Education Fund supports:
- Tuition assistance
- Teacher training
- Special events like Night of the Arts and Team Olympics
Saturday, April 30, 2016
Walk-up registration 7:30 AM – 8:30 AM
Start of 5k run/2-mile walk 9:00 AM
Kids’ Race 9:45 AM
The race is held at Bethlehem Lutheran School located at N108 W14290 Bel Aire Lane in Germantown. Parking is available in the school lot as well as on neighborhood streets.
The race will begin at Bethlehem Lutheran School located at Hwy. 145 and Bel Aire Lane and winds through Kinderberg Park, and the scenic streets and bike paths of Germantown before concluding back at the school.
KIDS’ CORNER AND RACE
A free indoor Kids’ Corner, supervised by Bethlehem’s Youth Group, will be available to entertain children during the adult race. After the 5k run/2-mile walk, kids will be invited to participate in a free 400M Kids’ Race and receive a finishing ribbon. No registration is necessary.
5K AND 2-MILE RACE FEES
$10 for youth [18 years and under]
$15 for adults who register by April 27
$20 walk-up registrations [youth still $10 on race day]
Kids’ Race is free
REGISTRATION FEE INCLUDES:
- T-shirt for those who register by April 15
- Post-race chili and beverage
- Awards to male and female runners in each age division and overall male and female winner (only the top male and female awards will be distributed on race day, the remaining medals will be mailed)